As a friend and supporter of Covenant House Greater Washington (CHGW), you know that the health and safety of our youth is our first priority. We are the village and often the only lifeline for so many youth in the DC region that are experiencing homeless, disconnection and exploitation. These are unprecedented times and call for unprecedented measures.
Covenant House Greater Washington’s residential programs will remain open during this crisis. We will coordinate with other youth service provides in the city for drop-in and day services.
We have taken the necessary precautions to protect our youth and staff including:
- Suspended visitation at our residential facilities and CSC
- Set aside quarantine/isolation space for youth and/or staff who may show symptoms
- Provided for deep cleaning of our residential facilities
- Provided necessary cleaning supplies to all of our facilities
- Stocked our facilities with extra toiletries and other supplies for our youth
- Posted necessary signage regarding prevention and precautions at all of our facilities
- Restocked all hand sanitizing stations across our facilities
- Sending regular communications to youth and staff on prevention, precaution measures t0 implement and general operating updates.
We are working closely with Covenant House International, the DC Department of Health and the DC Department of Human Services, community partners and others to remain connected and updated on the most recent information available to us.
Our youth are perhaps the most vulnerable among us. Your support enables us to be a lifeline for the youth that we serve. It allows our staff to continue to do their heroic work, often at their own expense and the sacrifice of time they could spend with their own families at this time of crisis. I hope you will consider making a special gift at this time. To donate now, use the donate button below or mail your check to 2001 Mississippi Avenue, SE, Washington, DC. 20020/Attention: Marlena Tracy, Director of Development & External Affairs.
As we continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19, I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.
With Love and Light,
Angela Jones Hackley