Get Your Community Involved to Help Homeless Youth!
Covenant House Washington’s grassroots fundraising program is for individuals, groups, businesses, schools and clubs—anyone who is interested in raising funds for Covenant House Washington by holding events or participating in other established events. These events can include fun runs and walks, bicycle rides, silent auctions, bake sales or other organized activities. As a Covenant House Washington grassroots fundraiser you will have a personal fundraising page where your supporters can contribute to your efforts online. And our online resources will help you spread the word about your event ensuring that it is a true success!
Grassroots Actions to Help Homeless Youth
Sometimes even the smallest effort can have an enormous impact on a homeless young adults life.
The very meaning of “grassroots action” is a movement that starts from the ground up and is driven by the beliefs of a community. If you care passionately about the welfare of America’s youth, then the possibilities for making a difference are limitless. Big or small, every action counts, and every effort you make shows these kids that someone really does care.
Set up your own personal fundraising page today and ask your friends and family to join you in supporting Covenant House. Collectively, your network of loved ones can make a significant impact in the lives of homeless youth.
Here are some other ways you can make a difference on a community level:
- Become a friend of Covenant House Washington on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google Plus and help us spread the word about youth homelessness!
- Have family and friends donate gently used professional clothing – it is vital that our youth look the best they can when going on job interviews, and the right outfit can go a long way to help boost once-homeless youths’ self-confidence and make a positive first impression!
- Host a community candlelight vigil for homeless youth. A vigil brings together members of your community at a local church, school, park, or public gathering place.
- Gather friends for a dinner to discuss ways you can support homeless youth in your community. Combine your creativity, resources, and influence to make a difference in your community.
- Hold a drive to collect dress, casual, and athletic shoes for homeless youth in your community. Like your children, grandchildren, nephews, and nieces, our youth outgrow their shoes at an alarming rate. You can help dress homeless youth for success.
- Host a bake sale for homeless youth. Bake cookies, pies, cakes, and brownies with your own kids while explaining to them that some kyoung adults don’t have a warm bed in a safe home. Help your children see that they can help homeless youth in your community.
- Hold a coat or blanket drive. For so many of our youth, being warm in the winter is a luxury that most of us take for granted. By warming a young adult’s body, we begin to warm his or her soul.